Operate > WebSphere Commerce Accelerator > Order management > Work with payments
Process pending payments
Pending payments occur typically when you use the SimpleOffline payment plug-in and the payment method's configuration in SimpleOfflinePlugin.xml has the keepPendingStatus attribute set to true. Background tasks are provided in WebSphere Commerce to periodically clean unfinished orders, including those associated with payment rules. These cleanup tasks must be scheduled to handle orders remaining in a stale or incomplete state. For example, orders can become stale if merchandise is no longer available because the product is never restocked. Or, an order can be blocked indefinitely if a failed payment operation prevents the order from completing normally. The scheduled tasks clean these orders by putting them in a canceled or finalized state.
Before you beginTo process a pending payment the user ID must be assigned to one of these roles: CSR, Seller, Customer Service Supervisor, Sales Manager, Operation Manager or Logistics Manager.
- Open the WebSphere Commerce Accelerator .
- Click Payments > List Installed Payment Plugins. If you do not see this menu, then the logon ID does not have the appropriate authority to perform this task. Contact the Site Administrator.
- Select the payment plug-in for which to find pending payments. Click Find Pending Payments.
- On the Pending payment transactions page, select a transaction with a pending payment amount greater than zero, and click Change.
- On the Change Pending Payment page, enter data for the following fields:
- Required: Transaction Result
- Required: Processed Amount
- Required: Reference Number
- AVS Score
- Expiration Date
- On the Change Pending Payment Extended Data page, you can optionally edit extended data if necessary. Click Finish to save the data and to complete the approval.