Administer > Manage WebSphere Commerce features > Payments subsystem > Configure payment plug-ins
Configure the SimpleOffline plug-in
Use the SimpleOffline plug-in to process payment transactions manually. WebSphere Commerce tracks the payment status of the order. The SimpleOffline plug-in is also appropriate if you are upgrading from WebSphere Commerce version 5.x and you used WebSphere Commerce Payments Multipayment Framework with the CustomOffline or OfflineCard cassettes.
Since there is no direct communication with a payment back-end system with the SimpleOffline plug-in, this plug-in does not require registration with a payment service provider for operation.
- Map the plug-in to the payment system and payment configuration. For example:
<PaymentSystemName name="OfflineCard" > <Mapping paymentConfigurationId="default" PluginName="SimpleOffline" > </Mapping> </PaymentSystemName>
- In a text editor or XML editor, open the copy of the PaymentSystemPluginMapping XML file.
- Specify the payment system name, payment configuration ID, plug-in name, and any specific plug-in properties that should be used for that payment system name mapping.
Since a plug-in can be associated with more than one payment system name, you can specify properties that are unique to a particular payment system name. For example, PaymentSystemName ABC can use property XXX, and PaymentSystemName DEF can use property YYY even though the same plug-in is used for both.
When the payment system name is used, the set of properties defined in the PaymentSystemPluginMapping.xml file is applied. These properties are different from the plug-in properties specified in the deployment descriptor. The properties specified in the deployment descriptor apply to the plug-in itself and remain constant in memory as the plug-in is used, regardless of the payment system name being used. The deployment descriptor is described in the Payment plug-in specification.
- Save the file.
- Configure payment methods.
- In a text editor or XML editor, open the PaymentMethodConfigurations XML file which is in the following directory:
- Specify a configuration for the payment method. Supply values for the following parameters:
- payment method
Refer to the description of the file for more information about these parameters. Multiple payment methods can be configured in this file.
- Save the file.
- Configure refund methods.
- In a text editor or XML editor, open the RefundMethodConfigurations XML file which is in the following directory:
- Specify a configuration for the refund method. Supply values for the following parameters:
- refund method
Refer to the description of the file for more information about these parameters. Multiple refund methods can be configured in this file.
- Save the file.
- Configure pending state. Open the SimpleOfflinePlugin.xml file. Set values for the PaymentConfiguration and keepPendingStatus.
- Optional: If you require the SimpleOffline plug-in to support a new payment method, include the corresponding JSP snippets in the storefront page to collect the required protocol data for the new payment method. No JSP snippets are required by the SimpleOffline plug-in if you are using the predefined payment methods. See Sample: Payment method JSP snippets.
- Package your assets as a partial application.
- Deploy the changed assets.
SimpleOffline plug-in financial transactions