Network Deployment (Distributed operating systems), v8.0 > Establishing high availability > View high availability group information
View the distribution of active high availability group members
Because high availability group members are dynamically created, core group policy configuration is used to determine which high availability group members the high availability manager activates. In some situations, it is possible for active members of multiple high availability groups to all be running on the same server process. We can use the administrative console to view the distribution of active high availability group members across your application servers. You need to know the name of the core group that contains the high availability groups to view. You should also determine if you need to view all of the high availability groups or a subset of these groups, based on the group name. You might want to perform this task if:
- You want to view the current active high availability group member distribution for the servers in a core group.
- You want to determine whether a particular server is overloaded because it is hosting the active member for multiple high availability groups.
- You want to check the current active member distribution before you update policies that might affect this distribution.
- You want to verify that you obtained the proper results to the current active member distribution after a policy change goes into affect.
To view the distribution of active high availability group members:
- In the admin console, click...
Servers > Core Groups > Core group settings.
- Click the core group that contains the high availability groups to view.
- Click the Runtime tab.
- Specify a value in the Group name field.
- Specify an asterisk in this field if you want a list of all the high availability groups that are part of this core group.
- Specify a set of name-value pairs, separated by a comma, to get a list of only those high availability groups that contain the specified name-value pairs in their group name. For example, you might specify the following value to obtain a list of all of the high availability groups that contain IBM_hc=MyCluster and type=WAS_TRANSACTIONS in their names.IBM_hc=MyCluster,type=WAS_TRANSACTIONS
- Click Show servers.
ResultsA list of servers displays that shows the number of active high availability group members on each server.
High availability groups
High availability group policies
View high availability group information
Servers with active members collection