Network Deployment (Distributed operating systems), v8.0 > Develop and deploying applications
Develop web applications
This page provides a starting point for finding information about web applications, which are comprised of one or more related files that you can manage as a unit, including:
- HTML files
- Servlets can support dynamic web page content, provide database access, serve multiple clients at one time, and filter data.
- Java ServerPages (JSP) files enable the separation of the HTML code from the business logic in web pages.
IBM extensions to the JSP specification make it easy for HTML authors to add the power of Java technology to web pages, without being experts in Java programming. More introduction...
- Develop web applications
Learn about selecting tools for developing web applications.
- Assembling web applications
- Deploy JSP and JavaServer Faces files
- Develop session management in servlets
- Assembling so that session data can be shared
By default, the session management facility supports session scoping by web module in accordance with the Servlet 2.3 and later API specification. Only servlets in the same web module can access the data associated with a particular session. However, you can use the IBMApplicationSession object or the IBM extension, shared session context, to share data outside of the web module scope.
End-to-end paths for web applications
Migrate web applications
Administer web applications
Scripting web applications
Secure web applications
Tune web applications
Troubleshoot web applications