Configuring a connection to host and System i database servers using the CLP

You can manually configure your TCP/IP connection between a DB2 Connect™ server and a host or System i™ database using the DB2® command line processor (CLP).

Prerequisites

Before you manually configure a TCP/IP connection between DB2 Connect and a host or System i database server, ensure that:

To manually configure TCP/IP communications between your DB2 Connect server and a host or System i database:

1. Configure TCP/IP on the DB2 Connect server.

2. Catalog the TCP/IP node .

3. Catalog the host or System i database as a Database Connection Service (DCS) database .

4. Catalog the host or System i database .

5. Bind utilities and applications to the host or System i database server.

6. Test the host or System i connection .

Note: Due to the characteristics of the TCP/IP protocol, TCP/IP might not be immediately notified of a partner's failure on another host or System i. As a result, a client application accessing a remote DB2 server using TCP/IP, or the corresponding agent at the server, might sometimes appear to be hung. The TCP/IP SO_KEEPALIVE socket option is used to detect when there has been a failure and the TCP/IP connection has been broken.

Related reference
CONNECT (Type 1) statement CATALOG DATABASE command CATALOG DCS DATABASE command CATALOG TCPIP/TCPIP4/TCPIP6 NODE command