Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > Partitioning facility programming
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
Partitioning facility framework programming model
This section describes the programming model for the partitioning facility (WPF). There are three aspects to the programming model.
- Partition stateless session bean (PSSB)
- This is the stateless session bean used to obtain the initial set of partitions from the application at start time as well as send events such as partition activated, deactivated, and isPartitionAlive to the application at the appropriate times.
- Partition manager
- This allows an application to create new application partitions and shutdown existing partitions. It can return the current set of application partitions in use. It allows the application to report transactions to the runtime.
- JMX commands
- The specific APIs are installed... <install_root>\web\xd\apidocs\index.html
Applications create PartitionDefinition instances to describe a partition to the partition runtime. PartitionDefinition instances can only be created using the factory methods of the provided PartitionManager interface.
PartitionScope is used to specify a partition as having either cluster or node scope during PartitionDefinition creation.
The PartitionHandlerLocal interface defines callback methods that enable the application to receive specific partition lifecycle events from the partitioning facility runtime. There are four methods on this interface.
- Threading issues for the PSSB callback methods
- Write an application client
- Modify the enterprise bean stubs
Parent topic:Partitioning facility programming
Partitioning facility programming