Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > Partitioning facility programming > HTTP partitions
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
HTTP programming interfaces
The HTTP partitioning facility API can be used by EJBs and servlets to perform the following actions:
- Specify request expression and valid partition names to partitioning facility and HTTP partitioning.
- Receive notification regarding load and unload events of partitions.
- Receive queries to determine if a partition is still alive.
The APIs leverage the HttpPartitionManager that can be used to register callbacks for partition events as well as make partition-related requests, such as allocating a request expression.
- The HttpPartitionManager
- The HttpPartitionExpression
- The notification interface
- Other servlet API HttpPartitionManager methods
Parent topic:HTTP partitions