Administer > Manage WebSphere Commerce features > Messaging system
Work with message types
WebSphere Commerce predefines several message types and sets them as active. You can change the parameters for message types.
- A broadcast message
- An Invoice Message
- Description of an error condition occurring in WebSphere Commerce
- Message for a changed order
- Message for a received order
- Message for a rejected order
- Message for an authorized order
- Message for notifying the customer of an order release manifestation
- Message for notifying the merchant of an order
- Message that shows the interest item list of the customer
- Message to notify approvers
- Notification message for a canceled order
- Notification message for a merchant for a canceled order
- Notification message for password reset
- Notification message for saving coupons
- Notification message of the order status
- Response Notification Message
- RFQ Close Message
- RFQ Complete Message
- RFQ Submit Message
- User account activation by e-mail
WebSphere MQ messages
- Outbound message for WebSphere Commerce Legacy Order Create
- Outbound message for WebSphere Commerce XML Order Create
- Configure outbound e-mail notification messages
Use the Administration Console to configure outbound e-mail notification messages.
- Configure e-mail activity accounts
To support sending marketing e-mails for the store, configure outbound and inbound e-mail activity accounts using the Administration Console.
- Assign a message type to a transport method for a site or store
If you assign a message type to a particular transport, the transport must first be set active. By default, only the e-mail transport is active at the site-level. If the store does not have a message transport assignment, then the site assignment is used.
- Enable order status notification
This message is sent to the administrator with "Recipient" listed under this Administration Console configuration. It will not send to the customer of the order. This message assumes that only the Site Administrator is interested in the order status update. WebSphere Commerce site or store developers can customize the OrderStatusNotifySendCmd command by providing another implementation to send e-mails to either the administrator, or the customer, or both.
- XML configuration directory
WebSphere Commerce uses an XML directory to configure many different aspects of its behavior. Many different customization tasks will require you to modify the XML, template definition, template definition DTD, and DTD files in these directories.
- Outbound messages
The WebSphere Commerce outbound messaging system can process different message types. Each message type is sent to the messaging system in response to a specific type of event that occurs within the WebSphere Commerce system. You specify the message type and settings in the Administration Console. The messaging system processes the message according to the type and settings that you specified, such as mail server, server port, sender, and subject. You change the content of the mail by modifying the JSP file that corresponds to the message type.