Network Deployment (Distributed operating systems), v8.0 > Establishing high availability > Configure the core group bridge service
Configure core group communication using a proxy peer access point
Use this task to configure communication between two core groups when they cannot communicate with each other directly through peer ports. Configure a proxy peer access point to communicate with a core group if you cannot use peer ports. Use a core group that has configured a peer access point with peer ports to the core group to communicate with. Before completing this task, make sure that we have access to a core group that can communicate with the core group that you cannot communicate with directly.
Use a proxy peer to communicate with a core group that you cannot access directly. This task describes how to configure a proxy peer with three core groups that are each in different cells. The core_group_x and core_group_y core groups can communicate directly with each other through peer ports. The core_group_y and core_group_z core groups can also communicate with each other though peer ports. However, the core_group_x core group cannot communicate with the core_group_z core group.
To establish that communication, the core_group_x core group has a peer access point that is a proxy peer. The proxy peer is the peer access point to the core_group_y core group.
Complete the following actions to configure core group communication using a proxy peer access point.
- Configure the core_group_x and core_group_y core groups to communicate with each other by creating an access point group.
- Configure the core_group_y and core_group_z core groups to communicate with each other by creating another access point group.
When you do this step, create a second access point group in cell 2. The core_group_2 core group communicates with both the cell_x and cell_z cells over two different networks.
- Configure a peer access point that has a proxy peer. Create a new peer access point in the access point group that you created between the core_group_x and core_group_y core groups.
- In the admin console, click...
Servers > Core Groups > Core group bridge settings > Access point groups > access_point_group_name > Peer access points. Create a new peer access point, or select an existing access point.
- Enter a unique name for the peer access point. For the other cell, core group, and core group access point values, use the properties of thecore_group_z core group.
- Click Use a proxy peer access point. Select the proxy peer access point that is the peer access point that you created in the cell_x cell that refers to the core group access point in the cell_y cell.
ResultsThe core_group_x core group can communicate with the core_group_z core group by using a proxy peer.
The following example shows the configurations in each cell when you configure communication between the cell_x and cell_z cells using a proxy peer access point:
Figure 1. Example proxy peer configuration
What to do nextBy completing this task, you enabled one-way communication between the core_group_x and core_group_z core groups. To configure communication both ways, repeat these steps, configuring a peer access point in the core_group_z core group that contains a proxy peer.
Core group communications using the core group bridge service
Configure the core group bridge service
Configure the core group bridge between core groups that are in different cells
Configure communication between core groups that are in the same cell