Network Deployment (Distributed operating systems), v8.0 > Establishing high availability > Configure core groups
Change the number of core group coordinators
For a large cell, multiple coordinators are recommended. Before you change the number of core group coordinators for a cell:
Change the number of core group coordinators only if:
- Make sure that you are familiar with the content of the topic Core group coordinator.
- Determine the number of coordinators for the core group. A general guideline is approximately one coordinator per 20 core group members.
- IBM support instructs you to do so.
- You are directed to do so as part of the installation process for another WebSphere product.
- The coordinator process is consuming abnormally high amounts of memory or CPU resources.
- You are scaling up the number of servers in a cell.
To change the number of core group coordinators for a core group:
- In the admin console, click...
Servers > Core Groups > Core group settings > , and select an existing core group.
- In the Number of coordinators field, specify the number of coordinators that you want for this core group.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
- Click Synchronize changes with nodes and then click Save again to save your changes.
- If change the list of preferred coordinator servers, click Preferred coordinator servers and then add or delete the appropriate application servers from the list of preferred coordinator servers.
- Click OK and then clickReview.
- Select Synchronize changes with nodes, and then click Save.
ResultsYour changes take effect immediately after synchronization completes. The members of the core group pick up these changes dynamically.
Core group settings
Core group custom properties
Core groups (high availability domains)
Core group coordinator
Configure core group preferred coordinators
Set up a high availability environment