Network Deployment (Distributed operating systems), v8.0 > Secure applications and their environment > Secure Service integration > Secure service integration > Administer authorization permissions > Administer default roles
Add users and groups to default roles
Service integration bus security uses role-based authorization. By adding selected users and groups to the default roles for all the local bus destinations on a secured bus, provided those users and group members with access to the local bus destinations that are allowed to inherit default roles. If a bus destination is not allowed to inherit the default roles, first add the user or group to the role that grants authorization permission for the specific local destination. See Add users and groups to destination roles. The default roles are sender, receiver, creator and browser. In this task you use an admin console wizard, the Security wizard, to add selected users or groups to the default roles. The Security wizard requests information to enable it to retrieve selected users or groups from the potentially very large number of users and groups in the user repository.
- Log onto the admin console.
- Click Service integration -> Buses -> security_value -> [Authorization Policy] Manage default access roles . The Default access roles panel is displayed.
- Expand the Default access header to list the users and groups that have been assigned to default access roles.
- Click Add to start the Security wizard. The wizard takes you through the following steps to add selected users or groups to default access roles:
- Search for the users or groups to add to default access roles:
- Users or Groups
- Select either Users or Groups to specify whether to grant access roles to users or groups.
- Search pattern
- This field is mandatory. Specify a search string that is matched against user IDs or group names in the user repository. Only user IDs or group names that match the search pattern are retrieved, subject to the maximum number of search results. Wildcard characters are allowed.
- Maximum number of search results to display
- This field is mandatory. Specify the maximum number of user IDs or group names you want the admin console to display.
- Click Next. The wizard displays the users or groups in the user repository that match the information that providedd in the previous step.
- Select the check boxes next to the user IDs or group names to add to the default access roles, and click Next. A list of user IDs or group names that you can add to the default access roles is displayed. Note that some users or groups might already be assigned to default access roles.
- Select the role types to assign to a user or group. For example, to assign a group to the sender role, click the sender icon for the appropriate group name. The icon changes from to to show that we have added the user or group to the access role for the resource.
- Complete the previous step for each user or group that you want to add to access roles, and then click Next. A summary of your role type assignments is displayed.
- Click Previous to review and change your assignments, if required.
- Click Finish to confirm your assignments. The Default access roles panel is redisplayed and shows the new role type assignments.
- Save your changes to the master configuration.
ResultsThe selected users and groups are added to selected default roles for the selected bus.
Access role assignments for bus security resources