WebSphere Application Server Administrative console
The administrative console is a graphical interface for performing deployment and system administration tasks. It runs in your Web browser. Your actions in the console modify a set of XML configuration files.
Use the console to perform tasks such as:
- Add, delete, start, and stop application servers
- Deploy new applications to a server
- Start and stop existing applications, and modify certain configurations
- Add and delete J2EE resource providers for applications that require data access, mail, URLs, and so on
- Manage variables, shared libraries, and other configurations that can span multiple application servers
- Configure product security, including access to the administrative console
- Collect data for performance and troubleshooting purposes
- Find the product version information. It is located on the front page of the console.
Starting and logging off the administrative console helps you begin using the console so that one can explore the available options. See also the Reference > Administrator > Settings section of the information center navigation. It lists the settings or properties one can configure.
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.