IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator
The Connection Errors tab is where you configure connection
resilience, that is automated behavior to take when the connection
that your component has made, fails.
Optionally, when we select Retry Connect on Initial
Connection Failure, we can configure whether your connection
attempt will throw an exception when it fails during startup, or whether
it will retry. If this flag is set, and a connection cannot be established
when the connector is being initialized, a "reconnect" attempt will
be made; it is not really a reconnect, since a connection was not
established in the first place, but generally the same mechanism as
for the situations that can occur when an established connection is
For established connections, the remaining parameters have the
for more information.
- Auto Reconnect on Connection Loss
- If this flag is set, and the connection is lost after the connector
is initialized, a reconnect attempt will be made.
- Number Of Retries
- The number of times a reconnect attempt will be made when a problem
occurs, before giving up. If a new problem occurs later on, the same
number of attempts will be made.
- Delay Between Retries
- The number of seconds to wait between each reconnect attempt, and before the first reconnect attempt.
- Auto Skip Forward
- After a reconnect, automatically skip forward as many times as
the number of successful reads.
- Built-in reconnect rules
- These tie in with the Reconnect Rule Engine; see the corresponding
chapter in the IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator V7.1 Installation
and Administrator Guide
Parent topic: The Connector Editor