Work with attachmentsYou can replace or delete the file attachments that you add to forum threads.
Before you beginTo edit attachments in a stand-alone forum, be the person who uploaded the attachment, the forum owner, or the Forums administrator. In a community forum, only the community owner or the person who uploaded an attachment can edit that attachment.
About this taskWhen you create or respond to a discussion topic, you can share attachments with other people in the discussion. Adding attachments can be a useful way to include supplemental information that is too long to cover in the body of your message. If you want to delete or replace the attachment at a later stage, you can do so by editing your message. You can also upload additional attachments as needed.
ProcedureTo work with file attachments...
- Open the topic containing the attachment that you want to work with.
- Click Edit under the post that you want to edit and do one of the following:
- To replace a file with an updated version, click Replace next to the file, click Browse to locate the file you want to add instead, and then click OK.
- To remove a file from the post, click Remove next to the file.
- To add another attachment, click Attach a File, click Browse to select the location of the file, and then click OK.
- Click Save to save your changes.
You can download the attachments that you and other people add to forum posts to your local computer.
Parent topicForums overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Add forum topics
Edit forum topics
Responding to forum topics