Purging forum trash on a scheduleEdit settings in the forum-config.xml file to configure the Forums trash purge schedule. You can define the interval at which the task runs by configuring the interval property, which uses a Cron schedule.
Before you beginTo edit configuration files, use the IBM WAS wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client for details.
About this taskThe trash purge job is scheduled to run periodically to permanently remove content deleted from a forum from the trash. Forums uses the WAS scheduling service for purging trash from Forums. For more information about the scheduler, see Scheduling tasks.
ProcedureTo configure the TrashAutoPurgeJob task...
- From the dmgr host:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Forums configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WAS cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
To view the current configuration settings, use the following command:
Note: After updating any of the configuration settings, you can use this command again to display your updates.
To change display settings for Forums, use the following command:
- <property> is one of the editable Forums configuration properties.
- <value> is the new value with which you want to set that property.
The following table displays information about the TrashAutoPurgeJob property and the type of data that you can enter for it.
Table 1. TrashAutoPurgeJob properties
Property Description task.TrashAutoPurgeJob.enabled Enables or disables the forum purge trash task.
This property accepts the following values: true or false.
task.TrashAutoPurgeJob.trashRetentionInDays Specifies the number of days that deleted content is left in the database as being soft-deleted. The value must be set to 1 or greater. If the value is less than 1, the trash is not purged by this job. The default value is 90.
task.TrashAutoPurgeJob.interval Specifies the interval at which the forum purge trash task runs.
When you change the interval property, the new schedule is registered the next time that Forums is started on any server in the Forums cluster (if there is one).
ForumsConfigService.updateConfig("task.TrashAutoPurgeJob.interval", "0 0/15 * * * ?")
After making changes, check the configuration files back in, and do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Apply property changes in Forums for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topicManage forum trash
Manage Forums scheduled tasks
Apply property changes in Forums
Moving forums to the trash
Delete topics from forums